Diversity, equity, and racial justice.
Speaking Popular Topics
- Being a Racial Justice Ally
- Racial Stress and Trauma
- Psychedelic Therapies and Racial Justice
- Understanding Racism, Discrimination, and Stereotypes
- Understanding Microaggressions
- Understanding Major Mental Illness
- Sexual Obsessions in Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Improving an Adverse Racial Climate
Training Popular Workshops
- Assessment & Treatment of Racial Trauma
- Microaggressions in Clinical Care
- Understanding and Connecting with Black Clients
- The Racial Harmony Workshop: Reducing Racism and Building Allies
- Exposure and Ritual Prevention (Ex/RP) for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- The Ethics of Inclusion: Culturally Informed Research Design
- What You Need to Know but Your Ethnically and Racially Diverse Clients Might Not Tell You
Schedule for 2023
Upcoming Presentations and Workshops
Williams, M. T. (2023, February 10). Psychedelics and Racial Justice. Psychedelic Assisted Psychotherapy: Promise and Perils. Harvard University, Cambridge, MA.
Williams, M. T. (2023, March 10). Cultural competency, racism, and mental health disparities. McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario.
Williams, M. T. (2022, March 20). Psychedelics and Racial Justice: Equity and Access. Diversity, Culture and Social Justice in Psychedelics Course, Chacruna Institute. (1.5 CE)
Williams, M. T. (2023, March 27). Equity, Diversity and Inclusion: Psychologists tearing down barriers and building allies (Increasing Represenation & Racial Justice Allyship). Webinar for the College of Alberta Psychologists.
Williams, M. T. & Wetterneck, C. (2023, April 14). Racial Stress and Trauma in Clinical Care. Sandra Eskenazi Mental Health Center, Indianapolis, IN. (5 CEs)
Williams, M. T. (2023, April 18-19). Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy and Racial Justice. Psychedelics & Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy. Expanded States of Consciousness World Summit. [Virtual]
Williams, M. T. (2023, May 3). Racial Trauma: The Racism-PTSD Connection. Department of Psychology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA.
Williams, M. T. & Labate, B. (2023, May 4). Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion in the Psychedelic Space: Progress or Roll-back? Chacruna Institute, San Francisco, CA.
Williams, M. T. & Yip., J. (2023, May 19-21). BTTI for Therapists of Color. International OCD Foundation. Atlanta, GA.
Williams, M. T. (2023, May 25). Racial Justice Allyship in Individuals and Organizations. [Online Presentation]. Black Psychology Section, Canadian Psychological Association (CPA).
Williams, M. T. (2023, July 7–9). OCD and Racism. Plenary Address. IOCDF 28th Annual OCD Conference, Marriott Marquis, San Francisco, CA.
Williams, M. T. & From-Tapp, R. (2023, July 13). Psychedelics and Racial Justice. Psychedelic Science Awareness (PSA) Speaker Series, The Whirling Tiger, Louisville, KY.
Williams, M. T. (2023, September 15). Assessment of Racial Trauma. Community Psychology, Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, ON. [Virtual]
Williams, M. T. (2023, September 22). Assessment and Treatment of Racial Trauma. Duke University, Durham, NC.
Williams, M. T. (2023, October 10-16). 2nd Annual Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy Global Summit. [Virtual]
Williams, M. T. (2023, October 19). Racial Trauma and Radical Healing. Hartford Institute of Living, Hartford, CT.
Williams, M. T. (2023, December 10-13). Keynote Presentation. Psychedelic Medicine Israel. MAPS, Tel Aviv, Israel.